Are you going to make the June 30th deadline? Hopefully you will since it’s been a stressful process. If you don’t make it, then let’s hope that Congress votes to extend the deadline 3 more months. The Senate has approved the extension because of the enormous back log of sales and now it time for Congress to consider the extension.
According to Vicki Cox Golder, president of the National Association of Realtors, said the extension was a matter of fairness.
“These are not buyers who just entered into the market. These are buyers who previously met all the qualifications for the tax credit, but find themselves at the mercy of a work-flow jam with the lenders or other delays and might not be able to complete the purchase of their homes.”
I think it’s the right thing to do, especally since it’s not the buyer’s fault for not meeting the deadline.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Home-Buyer Tax Credit Update: Senate Moves to Extend Closing Deadline (blogs.wsj.com)
- American Land Title Association Urges Congress to Extend Closing Deadline for Homebuyer Tax Credit(eon.businesswire.com)
- Home Buyer Tax Credit close date extended?(raincityguide.com)
- Senate approves home tax credit extension(seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Senate approves home tax credit extension(sfgate.com)
- Congress Considers Extending Home Buyer Tax Credit Deadlines(findwell.com)
- Senate votes to extend home tax credit deadline(reuters.com)
- UPDATE 1-Senate votes to extend US home tax credit deadline(reuters.com)
- Homebuyer Tax Credit Closing Deadline May Be Extended(usnews.com)
- Homebuyers could get more time for tax credit(money.cnn.com)