Even though the federal tax credit may not make a come back, there are lots of reasons why it is still a great time to purchase a property.
One of the most important factor that affects most buyers is interest rates. As the rate gets higher, the amount of money a person can qualify for would be less. Interest rates have been really low historically speaking and with the problems we are facing today, the rates will go back up. I don’t think interest rates will ever be lower then what they are today. 30 years ago, I thought I would never see rates as low as they are today. We could see rates as high as 18%, just like it was in 1981, or even more.
Related articles by Zemanta
- 10 things to know if you’re buying a home now (boston.com)
- What Happens After the Tax Credit is gone? (movephilly.blogspot.com)
- Friday Rant: Tax Credit Stimulus for House Buying — And the Point Was? (spendmatters.com)
- Does the Housing Market Need a Pep Rally? (blogs.wsj.com)
- Interest rates fall on surprise drop in home sales (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Summary Box: Drop in homes sales boosts Treasurys (sfgate.com)
- Summary Box: Treasurys gain as Fed holds rates low (sfgate.com)
- Interest Rates Fall on Surprise Drop in Home Sales (abcnews.go.com)