Where do you go after your home is foreclosed upon by the bank? Your credit is a mess and you may not make as much money as before, so where do you go?
The Center for Economic and Policy Research has a report, “The Gains from Right to Rent in 2010”, and has suggested to allow homeowners the right to rent their home, after foreclosure. By doing so, it may address the nation’s foreclosure problem.
HR 5028, under Right to Rent legislation, would allow the foreclosed homeowner to stay in the home as a renter for a substantial period of time. This would help the homeowners from being homeless and it will help the communities that are experiencing high numbers of foreclosures.
Related articles by Zemanta
- The Role of Government and The Foreclosure Crisis (tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Real Estate Weekly: To stem foreclosures, let homeowners rent(marketwatch.com)
- Live Chat: Rep. Raúl Grijalva Discusses The Right-To-Rent Bill With Blue America (crooksandliars.com)
- Renters Rights in the Extreme(rentersinsurance.org)
- Foreclosure! A Renter’s Worst Nightmare?(rentersinsurance.org)